B&O – Beoplay A1 Black
More sound more bass
Packing a punch well beyond its weight and size, Beoplay A1 has ambient True 360 sound – so the sound dispersion is great wherever you put it. With a peak power of 2×140 W you won’t have to huddle round it to enjoy your music.
Beoplay A1 is small enough to sit in the palm of your hand, it weighs only 600g, and because of its shape (with no protruding buttons or legs) it is easy to store in your bag or slip into a pocket. So you can take it anywhere you go and enjoy Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound when you get there.
The rounded aluminium grill is both a thing of beauty and of strength, and together with the double-moulded polymer base, it forms a strong protective shell for the components within. Cool aluminium, warm polymer & soft leather simply makes Beoplay A1 amazing to touch and hold in your hand.
With up to 24 hours* of battery life, Beoplay A1 will still be playing long after most competitors have gone silent. When you do eventually need to charge it, Beoplay A1’s smart charging system will adapt charging speed to match the capacity of the USB charger you are using – so it will quickly be ready for the next adventure.
Splash and dust resistant – Beoplay A1 is designed to take its fair share of bumps and scrapes while still protecting the delicate drivers and electronics inside. The more it travels with you, the more stories it can tell.
Beoplay A1 has a built-in microphone for making calls, and because of the rimmed design around the base of the unit, the microphone gives uniform speech sensitivity 360º around the speaker. This makes voice recognition at the other end of the call much easier. Thanks to the microphone you’ll also be able to activate Apple Siri and Google Now voice commands by simply pressing a button.
Beoplay A1 is great to use indoors as well. A perfect partner when travelling and staying in hotels, and also super convenient around the home. Hang it up, put it on a table, (it looks good anywhere) and fill your living space with sound.
Under the hood
The art of getting the most sound out of a small product lies in the cooperation between designer and technician. With Beoplay A1 this cooperation has been taken to new levels.
Drivers, amps and speakers: Are designed and manufactured to ensure the best performance in the category, and deliver 2×140 watts at peak power. With an audible range from 60 – 24,000 Hz, Beoplay A1 punches well above its weight.
Bass extension: Is greater than you’d imagine for something so small. Armed with a new aluminium core sub-woofer, a powerful magnetic system and amps it can deliver a full range with great character even at low frequency levels (down to 60Hz).
- Designer: Cecilie Manz
- Material(s): Polymer, pearl blasted anodized aluminium, leather
- Colour(s): Natural, Moss green, Deep red, Black
- Power consumption: Typical: 15W, standby: 0.5W
- Power supply: 5v dc / 3A via USB-C connector
- Battery: Built-in, rechargeable, 7,4V, 2200mAh, Li-Ion, up to 24 hours playback at moderate listening level.
- Charge time: Charging time: 2½ hours at 5V - 3A charging; 6h/1A.
- Operating conditions: Temperature: 10 - 40 degrees Humidity: 30 - 95%
- Cabinet principle: Closed box
- Effective freqency range: 60 - 20.000Hz*
- 2 x 30W Class D for woofer and tweeter
- 2 x 140W peak power
- 1 x 3/4" Tweeter
- 1 x 3.5" Full
Microphone: One electret type, omni-directional (speaker phone)
- 1 x 3.5 mm Mini-jack
- 1 x USB-C for charging (up to 3A)
- Call / Hang up / Mute
- Volume up
- Volume down
- Product LED
- Battery LED
- Speaker phone LED
- Bluetooth 4.2, ADK 4.0
- Bluetooth audio formats:
- LPCM 16bit@8k, 16k, 22k05, 32k, 44k1, 48kHz
- Volume control via USB is not supported.
- Dust and splash proof
- Speaker phone
- CONNECT) (Last played source play/pause)
- Software update via Beoplay app (or via "BeoPlay Software
- Updater" www.beoplay.com/support)
- Voice recognition
- Wireless pairing mode for a full Stereo experience using two speakers.
- Adaptive Power-supply Management for optimum playtime.
- Full digital crossover design optimized for uniform radiation of sound.
- Ambient mode for enhanced 3 dimensionality in single speaker mode.
- Wireless stereo pairing
- ToneTouch equaliser support
- Over The Air (Bluetooth) software update
Included with the product: Quick Start Guide, USB-C to USB-A cable 1.25 m
- USB-C to USB-A cable 1.25 m, black
- Audio cable, 2.5 m, black
Dimension (H x D / weight): 48 x 133 mm / 0.6 kg
We now deliver anywhere in South Africa. We offer standard delivery in 3 – 5 working days and are working hard to introduce express delivery soon.
Delivery costs are based on the size of the products in your basket and your delivery location and will be applied during the checkout process before you confirm your order.
Main city centres and surrounds
- Small basket - R50
- Medium Basket - R100
- Large basket - R200
- Small basket - R75
- Medium Basket - R150
- Large basket - R300
- Small basket - R95
- Medium Basket - R175
- Large basket - R350*
*A R70 delivery fee per additional large appliance purchased will be applied.