Tech Dash Competition
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is DionWired (Masstores (Pty) Ltd, trading as Game and DionWired, registration number 1991/006805/07.
- Any persons entering or participating in this Competition (“Participant”) accept and agree that by entering this Competition they have had an opportunity to read and consider these Terms and Conditions and that they are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Duration of the Tech Dash competition is from 07 October to 31 October 2019. Any entries received after the Closing Dates will not be considered for the respective periods.
- The Promoter reserves the right (on its sole and absolute discretion) to extend, shorten, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. The Competition, Prize and Terms and Conditions may be reasonably amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition. In such event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they shall have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
Tech Dash Competition
To stand a chance to win a Tech Dash in the Gateway, Canal walk or Sandton DionWired store, Participants need to send their name, cellphone number and email address. By entering the competition, Participants stand a chance to win a weekly prize.
- The winning Participant stands a chance to win a dash through the Gateway, Canal walk or Sandton DionWired store.
- Only selected items from the 25 October 2019 promotional leaflet will be available to choose from in the Tech Dash.
- The time limit of the Tech Dash could range from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Only one of each item can be selected.
- Promotional items available in the tech dash will be marked with a blue flag in the store.
- The contestant must collect these flags as a representation of the product they would like to collect.
- If the contestant fails to collect the flags, a consolation prize will be offered.
- The prize does not include transport and accommodation.
- As part of this giveaway a weekly prize will be given to a randomly selected Participant who enters the completion by sending their name, cellphone number and email address as per clause 8 hereunder. Weekly winners will be selected on 12, 19 and 26 October 2019. Winners stand the chance to win:
- An Xbox OneS
- Samsung Note 10
- iPhone 11
- Promoter shall by no means, however, be required to award a cash equivalent of the cost price of the prize.
- The Prize is not transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other items. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize/s with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
- The value of the above Prizes, jointly and severally, includes VAT. The Successful Participant may be taxed in terms of applicable tax legislation and Participants who require clarity as to the tax implications hereof should seek a directive from the relevant revenue service or authority.
Who can participate
- Any eligible natural person who is 18 years or older,
- The parent or guardian of a minor, may participate in the Competition.
- the Promoter;
- any other subsidiary or associated person who controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
- the supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition; or
- the marketer of the Competition; and/ or Agencies of the promoter or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, may enter this Competition.
- The right of admission into the Competition rests solely with the Promoter.
How to Participate
To enter this Competition, a Participant must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Expresso show entry
- SMS “DionWired” and your “email address” and “your name” during live broadcast to the following number: 33728
- The live broadcast of the show airs on SABC 3 on Monday to Friday between 6am – 9am.
- The weekly winner will be drawn on a Thursday and will be called on the number provided.
- At the end of the show they will prompt viewers to go to the DionWired site and sign up to the newsletter to enter the grand prize
- Social Media and Digital marketing
- Sign up DionWired newsletter on Dionwired.co.za to enter for the grand Prize “ A tech dash worth a R100 000.00”
- Participants are limited to a single entry. Participants who have been successful in winning any Prize in terms of this Competition are excluded from further participation in this Competition and any further successful entry will be invalidated for the purposes of future draws within this Competition.
- SMS are charged at R1.50. Free SMS and data do not apply to this competition.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- If the winner/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prizes, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- By entering this Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, processing and further processing of his or her personal information (including personal information contained in electronic communications) by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting this Competition and facilitating the participant’s participation in the Competition. Except where prohibited by law or objected to by the individual at any time, each winner grants permission for the Promoter, including Masstores (Pty) Ltd and those acting under its authority to use his or her name, and or photographs, and or voice for purposes of announcing the winners for this Competition and related advertising purposes, in any form of media and without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- By posting any content, images, or comments on any of the Promoter’s public and/or social media platform or by sending any such content to the Promoter, a Participant consent to and gives the Promoter a world-wide royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting the Promoter’s products and/or services.
- By entering the Competition, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter, as well as its holding company, its subsidiaries and any subsidiaries of its holding company, and their successors and assigns, directors, employees, agents or consultants against all and any losses, claims, proceeding, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise) liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis) howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the Participant’s participation in the Competition and the Prize/s.
- Promoter and its service providers, are not responsible for:
- incorrect and inaccurate transcription of entry information;
- technical malfunction;
- inappropriate images and comments posted by the entry or by the public;
- lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network or computer equipment or software; and/or
- the inability to access any website or online services or any other error.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform that may be used as an intermediary.
- The winners will be selected within the duration of the competition. The winners will be selected by the Expresso Show where a legally audited random selection will take place. Once selected, the winner will then be called via the cellphone.
- The Promoter reserves the right to do another draw and call another winner should we be unable to get a hold of the initial winner.
- The Promotor may require the winner/s to:
- to provide their name, identity number and cell number to enable the promotor to verify the entry;
- to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize, and indemnity;
- Where the entry includes the submission of any work eligible for copyright in terms of the Copyright Act No. 98 of 1978, conclude an agreement of assignment whereby any rights which the Winner may have in respect of such works are transferred to the Promoter.
- Should the winner/s refuse to comply with this rule for any reason then the winner shall be deemed to have rejected the Prize, and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- Any winner may be requested to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes. The winner is, however, entitled to decline such request.
- Where a winner consents to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including without limitations, through the manipulation of code or otherwise falsifying data.
- Should any dispute arise in relation to these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter’s decision be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- For more information or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, please visit www.dionwired.co.za. Any Competition related queries may be directed to DionWired Customer Service on 0861 DW CARE (0861 39 22 73) or email them on [email protected] from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.